S3D Workshop Pula 2011
D-Cinema Workshop 2011
Following from the last year’s event this year’s D-Cinema Workshop is going to stay true to its spirit of bringing the latest know-how and cutting edge knowledge and film making techniques to young Croatian film makers. The landscape of world’s film industry is constantly evolving and the last year has seen rapid change towards stereoscopic films. This trend was mainly driven by impressive box office success of stereoscopic films. While every big studio has scheduled a string of new 3D releases, it has become apparent, that stereoscopic 3D films will not be just another technology fad, but are rather a trend that is here to stay.
From the film makers point of view, stereoscopic films are offering fantastic opportunity for young creative to explore this area of film making and challenge, invent and develop new story telling tools that are being given to them with this new medium.
This workshop is aimed at young Croatian filmmakers that already have had some exposure to film production and are interested to learn about stereoscopic filmmaking.
Workshop attendees would be given knowledge of the basic stereoscopic film making techniques in comparison to traditional cinematography and how they affect areas of Production, Camera department, Editorial and Post Production.
The end game of the workshop would be a short film, shot, post produced and mastered in stereoscopic 3D format.
· History of Stereoscopic 3D cinematography
· How stereoscopy works
· Modern day technology enablers
· Stereoscopic 3D camera rigs and camcorders
· Parallel vs Converged approach
· Visual language of z-axis
· Depth budget calculations
· Stereoscopic production challenges
· Stereoscopic post production
· Mastering and distribution
- Script development and pre-production
- 3 days stereoscopic workshop
- 1 day test shoot
- 1 day story boarding and depth script development
- 3 day shoot
- 5 days post production
- Stereoscopic 3D master class and screening
|Nives Miljesic||Camera op.|
|Borko Vukosav||Camera op.|
|Bojan Mrdenovic||Camera op.|
Home page of Stereoscopic 3D Workshop in Pula 2011